Sunday, October 6, 2013

Devina Dediva: The Un-celebrated Girl Says Sorry in Twitter

Devina Dediva of course is a well known name for most Filipinos for her comment against Miss World 2013 and of course to the netizens of the Philippine Republic. She was also denied by Manchester University as the university posted in their facebook status that they don't know her nor she is a student or an alumna of the said school.


The reason why I kept coming back on her facebook wall is of course to see if she continues to hate the Filipino people by working as a maid or a cleaner. However, I guess Facebook too found out that the comment is foul, below the belt and offensive.

I love the culture of India. At some point I even wished I had a chance to learn their dance, their food and their language (this is still true to date) I even wanted to visit their country because of what I have seen in National Geographic.

After this incident, I heard that she was fired at the school where she is working. Of course I feel sorry for her because she has lost her job. Then I also heard she is now facing criminal charges for racism.

Filipinos acted on the situation and deserted Devina Sharma or popularly known as Devina Dediva in social network, I myself had reported her in Facebook and sent her a message hoping she would revert back and say sorry to what she has said.

Until today I just found out that there's these twitter account with her statement saying sorry:

"Im so sorry @meganbata and to all the Filipinos out there. Sorry. I don't have a twitter account so I made one just to show my apology. India"

If these is truly Miss Dediva then I accept her apology. It's good that she sincerely asks for forgiveness and that she is sorry for what she has done. She made a mistake in social networking site and still asks sorry as well in social networking sites.

Am sure it wont be an easy patch for her. There were thousands or even millions of Filipinos who were hurt by an unjust and degrading comment and maybe until now there are still thousands or even millions who hates her despite apology. Well I guess it is human nature so my advise to Miss Dediva is move on, stop tweeting anything that can link your statement to what she has previously posted as a facebook status and in due time am sure no one will bother her anymore.

I hope that someday there'd be harmony between Ms Dediva and the whole Filipino populace because hating each other wont do any good to both sides. She said she is sorry so the right response I think is to accept the appology. However, there are times that we need to show we really are sorry before thousands would finally accept it.

I have forgiven Miss Dediva for what she has said against us (Filipino People) and hope the rest will. I also hope she finds a job too.

Here's what Miss Dediva has tweeted. (Hoping this is really her)

She'll have to face the consequence of her own action.But an apology is the best way to start it right.



Spread peace and love everyone! Let's learn each others culture and accept and forgive each others downfalls.

"LOVE LOVE LOVE" (Mala Kris Aquino tone)

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry is not enough...there is a case file against her and she must face it on court and better suffer the consequence of her rudeness.

Anonymous said...

sorry is not enough...there is a case file against her and she must face it on court and better suffer the consequence of her rudeness.

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope