Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Reaction on South West Terminal

The Metro Manila Development Authority sets a firm decision to finally make a stand and put all the Provincial Buses specifically Tagaytay, Cavite, Batangas.

Here's what I think are the PRO's for having the South West Terminal at Coastal Mall:

  • In all fairness, I would personally say that the South West Terminal is effective in a way that the traffic congestion along EDSA became better. It wasn't at its best but it was better than before. The amount of buses has significantly reduced resulting to better travel time
  • Before, I don't want to travel to Cavite using buses because it is dangerous. I said it is dangerous because it is jammed packed with so many passenger. I was standing from Makati to my destination at the door. However, with the emergence of the South West Terminal, I never experienced standing plus it is more comfortable to travel. 
  • Commuters have more options. Choice is very important for a commuter like me. Before, I dont have a choice, whoever comes first I would need to jump in or else I would need to wait for an hour or so for the next bus to arrive.
  • It is more organized. Compared to running and rushing with all the other passengers
  • I love the passengers lounge as well. I am just crossing finger that this is not for these year only. It is high time for the Philippines to have a better and more organized bus stations.

Here are the CON's or the things I did not like
  • It is a matter of adjusting though since people would need to transfer from one bus to the next to the point of destination.
  • The MMDA Management would need to do more fixing not only on the internal looks of the terminal but also the external part of it. Huge portion at the back and at the sides of the terminal is not cemented.
  • City buses should only pass through the front of the terminal and not allowed to pick or drop passenger at the back of the terminal. The bus driver told us to go down and just walk along. The city and provincial buses are all jammed packed at the side making a hard time for some buses to pass through.
Some of the problem that is arising nowadays is the "Tigil Pasada" where bus operators. "Akin lang eh... ok na sana unti unti ng natatanggap at nasasanay na ang mga commuters at dahil sa tigil pasada unti unti nanamang naiinis ang mga commuters." Isnt it that the bus operators has the responsibility to make their commuters safe and comfortable? I myself dont want to go back to the idea of standing from AYALA all the way to my point of destination and worse I am standing at the driver's side.NO... I would prefer to go to the bus station look for the bus and then ride comfortable. The LTFRB should warn these bus operators to provide the riding public safely and comfortable.

****Just my reaction and my personal thoughts**** what's yours?

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope