Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mother’s Day Message

It is hard to understand of being a parent if you were never been a parent. It is also difficult to understand a mother if you are not yet a mother. People would say it is difficult to become a parent as well as difficult to become a mother. There are a lot of heroic stories of being a mother.



My friend once told me as she remembers his Lola Tonia gave up her meal for him in times where there’s no food on the table or not enough for all of them. Sometimes, she would separate a bowl of soup just for him. When she is telling me this story I suddenly remember my childhood and my college days.




It is somehow similar, because my lola would cook our favorite boiled ripe camote (sweet potato) or cook a glutinous rice with peanut and corn and my lolo would butcher his chicken or duck or turkey when we arrive from school during summer breaks or semestral break.



During my elementary days as well, I remember my mom hiking mountain ridges, crossing rivers and hitching on a truck loaded with sand and gravel, hollow blocks, or vegetable just for her and her co-teachers reach their destination. I also see her doing hair cut not only for us but also for her students in the barrio. Being a mother of three or four is already difficult I suppose but being a mother to most of her student would be a challenge.




This time I would like to extend my deepest and sincerest greeting to my Mom who had sacrificed in order for us (her children) to go to school. To my Lola for her unending love and care and to my aunts and cousins who were supportive enough for my endeavor. To Lola Tonia as well for being such a great grandma to anyone who knocks on her door. To all of you Happy Mother’s Day!



Being a mother is such an inspiration. It inspires their children to do good deeds. They are teachers of love and affection to other people. They are teachers who teach their children to become a better individual. They are inspiration and a mirror to look up on. If they fail, for sure the children will and that’s a huge responsibility they have that on this special day a simple message from their message is worth everything.

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope