Thursday, December 27, 2012

Metro Manila Film Festival 2012 - The Awards Night

After a very successful opening and film showing last December 25, 2012. The Metro Manila Film Festival finally came to its point - the unveiling of the winners. Who would get the most awards tonight. The Metro Manila Film Festival will run from December 25, 2012 until the first week of January 2013.

Well of course I have my own bets for the major awards like Best Actors and Best Actress for the said Metro Manila Film Festival 2013.


This years Metro Manila Film Festival 2013 are as follows:

THY WOMB

Best in Production Design: Thy Womb. 
Best in Cinematography: Thy Womb.
Most Gender Sensitive Award (mainstream): Thy Womb. 
Best Original Story: Henry Burgos (Thy Womb)
Best Director: Brillante Mendoza (Thy Womb) 
Gatpuno Villegas Cultural Award for Best Picture: Thy Womb
Best Actress: Nora Aunor (Thy Womb) - This is her 8th Best Actress Award for Metro Manila Film Festival.

TRIVIA:

Nora Aunor had her last Best Actress Award in Metro Manila Film Festival last 1995. She had 7 Best Actress Awards in the Metro Manila Film Festival.


Star of the Night: Ms. Nora Aunor

ONE MORE TRY

Best in Editing: One More Try. 
FPJ Memorial Award: One More Try
Best Screenplay: One More Try
Best Picture: One More Try
Best Child Actor: Miguel Vergara (One More Try) - I so love this child. He looks like one of the locals. I don't know if this is his first movie appearance but I totally like him. He is a must watched actor.
Best Actor: Dingdong Dantes (One More Try) - This is his 2nd Best Actor Award. Last year (2011) was his first Best Actor Award.

*** I've watched One More Try last December 25 and the movie is really made with a very good taste. If given the chance to give this a grade I would give the whole movie a 90%. The acting of the ladies (Angel Locsin and Angelica Panganiban) were awesome. Zanjoe Marudo nailed it. I was expecting him to grab the Best Actor award. The story is also made in good taste. The movie deals with sensitive issue extravagantly tasteful.

*** The movie collectively was very good. However, I dont know why Dingdong Dantes won the said award. His acting is just ordinary comparing it to the other actors. I would say Zanjo Marudo was far better when it comes to portrayal of his role. Was it because of ---- just like last year? LOL just wondering if it has something to do with politics or there were things I did not appreciate that made me think he didnt deserve the award. Well its just a thought watch the movie and let me know your thoughts.

EL PRESIDENTE

Best in Theme Song: El Presidente. 
Best Float: El Presidente
Best Sound: John Michael - El Presidente. 
Musical Score: El Presidente. 
Best Make-up: El Presidente.
Best Supporting Actor: Cesar Montano in El Presidente. 
Second Best Picture: El Presidente.


SHAKE, RATTLE AND ROLL 14

Best Special Effects: Shake, Rattle and Roll 14. 

SISTERAKAS

Best Supporting Actress: Wilma Doesnt
(makes me wonder why she won the said awards. She barely says a word and had a word. She just keeps on following Vice Ganda and thats it.)

Third Best Picture: Sisterakas.

**** I also watched the movie failed my expectation. Vice Ganda, Ai-ai De Las Alas, and Ms Kris Aquino are one among the best actresses of their own generations. The movie also has 2 best comedy stars. I am expecting that I would move out the movie house teary eyed because I had a good laugh but I did not. I left the movie house disappointed. The lines are somewhat expected. Acting did not step up as well. Given the chance to give this movie a score I would give them B minus.

The Strangers

This movie never had any award but I still had a chance to watch the said movie last December 30, 2012 because I was expecting to watch THY WOMB (unfortunately the movie houses pulled it out) so I got no choice but to watch other movies. Fortunately, we choose to watch THE STRANGERS. I would give this movie a grade of B minus for all aspect.

Sosy Problems

I've watched the movie last December 30 2012 and for me between SISTERAKAS and Sosy Problems humor act I think Sosy Problems bagged it up. For one because it is a picture of reality in a way that rich girls don't really know everything that common or grass roots would know. I am not saying that rich people dont know what anirola would look like or a smell of a cow dung but I mean the practicality of life. I also think that though the movie is made for us to at least laugh they also showed up moral lesson unlike Sisterakas where they need to hurt other people or feelings in the intention to make the viewers laugh (I am not a fan of that act). Despite that I still give Sosy Problems a B Minus overall grade.

Check here for the other entries of the Metro Manila Film Festival 2012 

I really dont know what's there criteria for BEST PICTURE award. For me there is a difference between most viewed and BEST PICTURE.

What do you think about the list of winners? Share your thoughts here. Did I miss something let me know.

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope