Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dengue Fever

I had a dengue fever a few weeks ago and keep me in bed for at least a week. Most of the time Dengue Fever is more rampant after the flooding and heavy rains. This is because Dengue carrying mosquitoes lay their eggs in stagnant water accumulated in empty tires, flower pots or flower vase, or in tin cans that has accumulated rain/fresh waters.


I first had a flu like symptoms on my first day. So all the while I thought that I really had bad flu. Then on my second day I suddenly lost appetite in vomiting comes next. So I decided to seek a doctor's advice on my second day. I was told that I need to go back after 3 days if I still have fever. On my fourth day, I still don't have appetite and seems like my stomach is rejecting all the food I am taking in but the fever has subsided and so I thought that I am getting well. However on my fifth day I had nosebleed (I thought it was normal as I normally do have nosebleed every after flu when I was in high school and college). I went to a doctor and they had my blood check (CBC Count) and they found out that I have dengue.

During those times when I thought that I had flu, I decided to change my diet which I am happy I did it because it has helped me boost my immune system.
  • Since I lost appetite I have to change my diet and went all the way to soft diet (lugaw and champorado). I am thankful because I have people around me who are supportive and went looking for lugaw even in the middle of the night.
  • I also decided to drink a lot of fruit juices every hour. Thanks to the wonders of blender and fruit juicer.
  • I forced myself to it fruits every hour. My favorite so far are ripe mango, oranges, banana, water melon, melon, and of course dragon fruit.
  • Every time I have flu I never failed to drink a lot of water. I have to drink water with Oresol 3 times a day or a total of 1 litter a day and of course water every 2 hours.
When I found out that I had dengue I still continue my routine until I got admitted in the hospital. They have to check my cbc count every 6 hours. I stayed in the hospital for at least 3 days and was advised to go home and continue resting but I need to get back for a follow up check up every 2 days until I got cleared.

Hospitalization could get really expensive so have your PhilHealth information ready.

By the way I would like to thank for the help my office mates and friends for the help they have extended. To Julie, Izza, Anna, and Jp for bringing me the requirements I needed for my Philhealth and to my friend Anton for staying with me at the hospital. Thank you so much and may God Bless you all!

You also might want to read RH BILL

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope