Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Metro Manila Film Festival 2012

Every December 25, all cinema's in the Philippines opens giving way to the entry of the yearly Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF). This year, I am one of those who made sure to watch the top 2 entries that I think would offer the best value to my money.

We went to Mall Of Asia to buy our tickets as early as 3:00 PM however we ended up to 11:00 PM (One More Try) and 1:15 AM (Sisterakas).


This years entry for the said Metro Manila Film Festival 2012 are as follows:
  1. El Presidente
  2. One More Try
  3. Si Agimat, Si Enteng at Si Ako
  4. Sisterakas
  5. Sosy Problems
  6. The Strangers
  7. Thy Womb
So this year, my top 3 would be 1. One More Try 2. Sisterakas 3. Thy Womb

I already watched One More Try and I think it is superb. The story was intense and acting was quite awesome as well. Angel Locsin and Angelica Panganiban gave it all their best as it seen in the movie. My expectation on the movie was met. It is however a very teleserye type of movie.

Just after the movie (One More Try) we immediately ran to the next movie house to watch Sisterakas. I have expected that this movie would be really awesome because of the 3 biggest stars (Vice Ganda, Ai-ai de las Alas, and Miss Kris Aquino). However during the movie, my expectation slowly falling out. There were many moments where I felt that there were out of place scenes and not so good lines. I love all these 3 stars they were awesome actors and actresses but with this movie I would give them B Minus may be because the expectation was not met. I barely laugh during the movie, the lines and jokes are expected, the acting is over-acting but it is fun to watch.Also, if 2 biggest comedy stars like Ai-Ai and Vice Ganda plus Kris Aquino I am expecting a super mega hilarious movie but I personally did not have that. Next time I wont put too much expectation.
Next Weekend I am watching THY WOMB starred by Nora Aunor. I will let you know what I think about the movie after I watched. I am expecting the power of Nora's acting would still be the same. I also choose this to be one of my top 3 list of movies that I need to watch because it is Nora's first MMFF film after so many years. I also heard that the story is awesome. This time, my expectation is really high as Nora Aunor is a multi awarded actress here (Philippines) and abroad (international). Plus the director is internationally acclaimed director who have won several Best Director award abroad.

Photo Credit
Are you planning to have a weekend family movie? Why not? Let your kids enjoy watching movies and let them watch Filipino Movies. I would suggest you go watch Si Agimat, Si Enteng at Si Ako. It is totally, a child friendly movie. A movie that is easily understood by children and am sure they would enjoy the fantasy.

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope