Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Salcedo Village Weekend Market: My Favorite Filipino Goodies

Filipino have their own distinct desserts and goodies we just love and enjoy. These are the foods I would say every Filipino would love. Every weekend I normally go out and buy any of these following goodies.

Most Filipino Kakanin (goodies) are normally made of malagkit rice (sticky rice or gluttonous rice), coconut milk, milk and sugar. This makes these foods really tasty.





Normally, these are served as snacks or every after meal.



Puto (Filipino Rice Muffin) comes in different shapes and different taste and normally it has cheese toppings. It has evolved in many form and style. Most Filipino would eat this rice muffin with pancit or pansit (Fried Noodles). I love it too most especially with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.


Of all the version of Puto, one that I really love is the Puto Pao. Puto Pao has these salted egg as feeling instead of the normal cheese toppings.


These are the reason why I love visiting Salcedo Village Weekend Market. I can almost find anything I want that best suites my taste buds.


Another food that I love is ube, leche flan, and bibingka. I can for sure eat a whole tray of leche flan in one sitting and I don't imagine my dining table without all of these during any special occasions.


I would say that it is a must have during special occasion to at least have leche flan and ube served. Hmmmm writing these and seeing these pictures makes me hungry and wanting to go back to Salcedo Village again to satisfy my stomach.

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope