Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Surviving Heart Attack when Alone

Heart Attack is the leading cause of death to almost anywhere. I myself was diagnosed to have a Rheumatic Heart Disease since childhood. Children with heart disease somehow is difficult. Based on my own experience, I never had the capacity to enjoy life in the barrio  I had fun times but it was limited because I easily get tired and gasps air.

There were a lot of fainting moments and hospital was my second home. Until now, I constantly visiting hospital but thank God it is not already my second home but rather I consider it as another house in a village (LOL)

When I am scanning my facebook timeline I happen to stumble a post by Healthy Tips and so I decided it to my dear readers most especially to those who have heart disease or a family member who has heart disease.

Photo Credit
Imagine this: what if you are on your way home walking, riding a jeepney or a bus or driving. You came from  work frustrated, angry, upset and really really tired sometimes being too happy or you are extremely excited sometimes is dangerous to those who has heart illness (well thats what I know hehe). Because of this mix emotion, you started experiencing severe chest pains that is starting to drag out into your arm and up into your jaw. 

That is already a sign that you are in trouble. You were thought how to do CPR but they never thought you what you do in case you were put in a situation where you need to rescue yourself. You are out there alone, or no one is able to help you, the nearest hospital is 10 km away or you got stuck on a very heavy traffic of Edsa. What would you? You only have 10 to 20 sec before you would feel faint and loose consciousness.

According to Healthy Tips, a victim could help himself by vigorously coughing and should be done repeatedly. Furthermore  a deep breath should be taken before each deep and prolonged cough as when producing sputum from deep inside chest.

Furthermore, a breath and a cough must be repeated every 2 seconds without let-up until help arrives or until the heart starts to beat normally. Healthy Tips further adds that a deep breaths get the oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. "The squeezing pressures on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. In this way, a heart attack victim can get to a hospital," Healthy Tips added.

This is a good note for me that I most memorize and so I could help myself when I would be in that bad situation.

Other Sources: Wiki

Do you have other tips you want to share? let me know... so we could help one another... 

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope