Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Hilot Experience

I have been complaining about back ache and also shoulder and shoulder blades that are so painful. It sounded like my muscle are screaming at me telling me that they need some relaxation. I felt exhausted and tired. Sometimes this pain is also the reason why I cant sleep.

So a friend of mine (Glenda) told me that she could do a traditional way of relaxation and or massage. So then I agreed and gave her a synthetic coconut oil. She said it would be best if we could just use either a natural coconut oil or an oil that is Herbal.



Since we are in the city it is kinda hard to find some of this herbal oils. She then suggested to use an alternative oil which is the efficascent oil. She then started massaging me. She focuses on the nodules at my back for almost an hour. After her hilot I felt far better however she said she would like to do it again on Wednesday before she will fly to Dubai.

Her action to adhere to someone else's needs. To be compassionate and kindhearted and totally accommodating is another example of Filipino Culture I am truly proud of. 

What is the difference between HILOT and MASSAGE?

Both would mean the same thing to massage or to make the person relaxed. However, a Hilot is coined in managing and treating musculoskeletal pain, joint pains, sometimes dislocated joints or joint dysfunction while massage is merely for relaxation. While both has the capacity to remove nodules.

Also a manghihilot don,t receive any monetary form of payment. They believed that when they accept a monetary form of payment the illness wont be healed. What people normally do is they would either leave the oil that they brought with them or they would bring sugar, coffee or snack. While Massage Therapist accept payment as they are doing this for a living.

Another difference is when you go to a massage therapist they normally massage you from head to foot while hilot would only focus on a certain part where it is painful or where there is joint dysfunction.

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope