Thursday, August 9, 2012

Online Shopping Tips


When you go shopping at the malls you would have to spend much time going from one store to the next to compare prices and quality. However online shopping offers every shoppers an easy access to browse and search on their favorite gadgets, apparels, make up, perfumes, in fact all most everything you need you can have it on your finger tips. It’s easy and sweat free.

In many occasion for a very busy life style this innovation of shopping makes this as a leading growing business all across the globe. It is sad to say that a part from this growing business it is also a growing opportunity for some people to virtual steal your bank credits. Bottom line is of course shop safely.

There may be a lot of safe tips out there that you could use. However I would like to add a few more tips that you could follow.

Just a recap of this popular safe tip is as follows:

·         Don’t store credit card or any other important information online or in your laptop or desk tops. When I say information this would mean: credit card number, social security number, tax identification number, date of birth, and name middle name. Your facebook account could have most if not all this information so I would say don’t put all your information out there.

I also do online shopping but as much as possible I don’t use my credit card or my debit card in purchasing items over the internet. If I can’t help it I would need to:

·         Check the security features of the website if it doesn’t start with HTTPS:blah.blah.com and I usually check my statement online. I don’t need to wait for my bill to arrive I wanted to see if the purchases I am making is correct every after 2 days. I also don’t purchase my stuff on internet cafĂ©’s. Lastly I clear my browsing history after making a purchase. (I don’t know why I do the last part but I feel safe if I clear the cookies and my browsing history.)

·         I only shop to established websites. Before I make my purchase I usually read reviews. It is always better to read what others write about a certain website before I shop. Investigate the integrity of the website or online store first before you even make a purchase. Ask your friend or colleague about their experiences in that website if any.

·         Also, as much as possible if they can offer a Cash Upon Delivery policy then it is better rather than paying them in advance. If not, and if it is available then use a disposable credit/debit card (I hope this is available in the Philippines). It is your safest route in buying online or even over the phone.

·         I only buy my stuff in a reputable and established website. I also read their policy and their payment system.

So I just want to share some website where I could say I had a wonderful experience.

1.       Group Buying

·         Cash Cash Pinoy

·         Deal Grocer

·         Ensogo



·         Metro Deal

·         Yuga Deals

2.       Website

·         Zalora Philippines – aside from the usual mode of payments they also offer Cash on Delivery.


3.       Facebook – I also shop at facebook.


Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Louise said...

Thank you so much for the information you provide here. Online shopping tips is very important. :)

shopping malls in philippines

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope