Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Monsoon Rain Experience



Last August 6 2012 to August 9 2012, most part of the Philippines were blanketed with clouds and huge amount of rains. Most part of Metro Manila were flooded  water's are dripping on the walls of my apartment. The clouds are dark and the sun seems to be hiding somewhere over those heavy pith dark clouds.


After few days of intense rainfall water floods are rushing inside the house. Everyone in the house tries to look for a dry place to sleep during the days. It is indeed my first time of everything, to sleep in a wet mattress or cold wet floor.




 I would say I am still really lucky to have a tiny place to stay compared to this other families in the metro who lost not only their homes but a family or members of the family. I am lucky since I only lost my material belongings and not a dear friend or a family member or even the source of my income.


However, there were thoughts during these cold days and wet nights that struck my illusive mind. Is this happening because of the unpredictable weather condition and climate change. Before, when we say monsoon rain it wont cause us much of a trouble but these days it gives us more rains it drops a month of rainfalls in few days or even hours.


Or, is it because of incapacitated mentality of its residences. Undisciplined humanity. Every night I see tons of garbage along the highway. Worst, during those days I see plastics of garbage's floating at the side wishing this flood to take this garbage somewhere else away from them.


Or the obsolete drainage system that was designed 20 to 50 years ago. Or the growing up population living in those creeks that was used to be a place for running water to flow.

Well whatever the cause may be, we cant blame nature. This elongated heavy rains leaves us all a lesson to learn from.

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope