Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 1: My Own Version of Smoothie Cleanse (Breakfast)

Living in an urban community somehow offers a lot of innovative ideas from technological advancement to food. Ever since I know that I can always make a smoothie out of fruits and normally I add a lot of things there say for example sugar and milk or sometimes I will add sago for that matter just to add something different. I never knew that vegetable could play a very important role in making your smoothie healthier.


Kessa, a friend of mine, introduced a way of cleansing and detoxifying your body. So she told me that we could mix fruits and vegetable and so she showed me ways on how to prepare it. Well there's no harm on trying, its for my benefit anyway.

Well in my circle, we all love eating. We love to eat meat, fish and meat again then poultry products. Only once in a while where I would consider cooking vegetable with of course meat and most of the time, in the office we always have our lunch break to either Mc Donalds or starbucks or any other fastfood chain available.

This time around I would like to start my own 3 day smoothie war. My intention here is to get as much fiber as I can and to increase my fruit and vegetable intake in a day.

My First Day Ingredients

1 pc cucumber
2 pcs banana
2 pcs bell pepper
4 pcs Asparagus
1 stalk of Celery
2 pcs of tomato
1 pc  Red Apple
1 pc green apple
10 pcs grapes
2 cups of fresh orange juice
1 beet

Please note: wash your fruits and vegetable properly. You can also peel off the apple but I prefer not to. I also recommend to remove the seeds.


I was able to make 1.5 liter of smoothie out of this. I had 2 tall glass of smoothie for my breakfast. I was able to consume the rest before lunch time.

During the day I noticed that I am craving for a real meal (3 cups of rice and viand). Of course I have to force myself not to eat rice.

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope