Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Sweet Days at Monol International Education

I must admit teaching is really a tough job. It becomes even tougher when you are teaching students who has different level of English Proficiency. It is fulfilling to see my students smile whenever they learn something new or whenever they smile because they had fun in my class.

Some teachers at Monol International Education stays with their students, chat with them during free time, eat with them during breakfast, lunch and dinner time. Every activity is still so fresh in my mind every time I happen to see Koreans student buying soda at the 7-eleven store just below Thomson Reuters office at McKinley Hills Taguig. It brings smile into my face and suddenly a flash of memories of my students way back then at Monol International Education.

I rather say I really had a great time with my student. We travel, drink till we drop, chat and laugh together during weekend or holidays. I would say I am a proud teacher. Proud to show them my own heritage and culture. I am proud to show them the Igorot culture and places. So, I accompanied some of them to Sagada, Banawe, a tour around Baguio and Benguet and of course accompanied them to La Union and Ilocos. To some, I invited some of them to my cousin's wedding and to my uncles funeral as well.

Being with them is such a new adventure. Learning a little of their language, food and listening to their own personal stories. This way, I would have a better understanding of who they are.

However, time has come and have to leave the school who thought me so much of Korean culture in search of my own career growth.

Last August of 2012, Metro Manila was hit pretty badly by a monsoon rain and flood water came rushing to my apartment. Some of my things were pretty damaged including the photo's I kept for years.

Last weekend, I was cleaning my apartment and found some of the photo's my students gave. A lot were pretty damaged but I am thankful I have some of it that still can be saved. I cut and past them on my office desk calendar given by Rosalie Amparo of DBM to make sure that I would have them safe in the office :)

So here are the photo's:


And if by any chance you are my roommate before or my students where we had photo's together please do let me know. Tag me on my FACEBOOK account. 


I am blessed to have student/room mate like you. Good think I am in contact with Max in FB already...


Hope to see you all guys!

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Thank you for Donating a BOOK

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DONATING YOUR BOOK!
Keep those books Coming!
**Moses Hong Castillo
**Elle Galutera
**Angela Chua
**Erwin Andres De Leon
** Leigh Maneja
** Des Arellano
**Kathy Uy
**Kessa Thea & Christian Egegaard Nielsen
** Miss Maria Lee
** Richie Madrigal Dalope